Montelukast is a leukotriene receptor antagonist indicated for:
- Prophylaxis and chronic treatment of asthma in patients 12 months of age and older.
- Acute prevention of Exercise-Induced Bronchoconstriction (EIB) in patients 6 years of age and older.
- Relief of symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis (AR): Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis (SAR) in patients 2 years of age and older, and perennial allergic rhinitis (PAR) in patients 6 months of age and older.
Dosage & Administration
- Asthma: Once daily in the evening for patients 12 months and older.
- Acute prevention of exercise-induced bronchoconstriction: One tablet at least 2 hours before exercise for patients 6 years of age and older.
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis: Once daily for patients 2 years and older.
- Perennial allergic rhinitis: Once daily for patients 6 months and older.
- 15 years and older: One 10-mg tablet.
- 6 to 14 years: One 5-mg tablet.
- 2 to 5 years: One 4-mg.