- Treatment of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Healing of erosive esophagitis
- Maintenance of healing of erosive esophagitis
- Symptomatic Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Reduction of NSAID-associated gastric ulcer
- H. pylori eradication (Triple therapy)
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome।
Tablet or Capsule:
- Healing of erosive esophagitis: 20 mg or 40 mg once daily for 4 to 8 weeks. The majority of patients are healed within 4 to 8 weeks. For patients who do not heal after 4-8 weeks, an additional 4-8 weeks treatment may be considered.
- Maintenance of healing of erosive esophagitis: 20 mg once daily. Controlled studies did not extend beyond six months.
- Symptomatic GERD: 20 mg once daily for 4 weeks. If symptoms do not resolve completely after 4 weeks, an additional 4 weeks of treatment may be considered.
- H.pylori eradication (Triple therapy): Esomeprazole 20 mg twice daily for 10 days, Amoxicillin 1000 mg Twice daily for 10 days and Clarithromycin 500 mg twice daily for 10 days
Injection: The recommended adult dose in GERD with Erosive Esophagitis is either 20 or 40 mg Esomeprazole given once daily by intravenous injection (no less than 3 minutes) or intravenous infusion (10 to 30 minutes).